Saturday, April 25, 2009

Finaly the New Equipment Upgrade :)

I recently have been working on compiling the materials for a sump. It has been slow going because I have been busy and the stuff is expensive. I decided the first step was to find an acceptable in sump skimmer to replace the crummy cpr backpack. I decided to get a Turboflotor T1000 Skimmer (click here for more info) and upgraded it with an Ocean runner 2700. The initial skimmer with smaller pump is rated to 250 gallons, but I don't know what it is rated for with the better ocean runner pump. I got it very slightly used from someone who upgraded tanks. Here are some pictures of it
Arrival: Assembly
Look at that collection cup!!Finally it is assembled. Full shot (look how big it is 22" tall)Close up
Once I got it assembled I put it on a bucket in my salt mixing container. It produced so much foam!!! So far so good, I will update more on it later. I can't put it on the tank until l I get moving on this sump. One more reason I guess
Skimmer (filling up) on sumpNow for some general news:
agenda:
- general update tomorrow (includes breaking anemone news [yes more crazy stuff has happened])
- How I mix salt post coming in a couple days too.
- skimmer and sump news coming soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment