Sunday, June 21, 2009

MJ mod

Modding Maxi-jets have long been a way of increasing flow without paying much. One popular mod is the euro-reef mod which you install a bigger prop for more flow. I have not tried this one yet but I have heard of its amazing results which aparently increase flow up to 3 times! I decided to do a simpler mod that seeks to create a wider flow output and increase flow slightly.

Equipment List:
  • Saw
  • Dril
  • Maxi-Jet (I reccomend 1200)
OK now lets move on to STEP 1 You first want to use the saw to cut off the output nozzel. You want to make the output whole as wide as possible, so the flow will be nice and wide.
Here is what the pump should look like after step 1:
STEP 2 You need to drill more hole to help increase the pumps ability to intake water. Any small drill bit will work. I drilled four holes. See outline
This is what the pump should look like after step 2
You have finaly compeleted this mod! Here is what the final product should look like. (Note my pump was used before the mod).

Final Thoughts: I really like this mod as a it is easy to do and you spend nothing. I am very happy with this mod and suggest you to try it out on one of your old maxi-jets.

I will have the major detailed update out later today or Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment