Saturday, June 13, 2009

Growth Shots and More

I am very happy with the tank lately and here are the results of my Saturday water test:
Salinity: 1.026
Nitrate: NA (not tested)
Calcium: 390
kH: 7.5
My CPR backpack skimmer is really not keeping up with my needs and I am frustrated that I have not employed the 500g rated turbofolotor skimmer which is currently in dry dock (my basement reef area). The main reason for this is the delay in my sump upgrade. I really haven't had the time to get moving on it lately. The other big reason is I have a chance at a possible 90 gallon tank upgrade in which I could possibly move all my live stock to the 90 and then dry out and clean the 55g. After that I will hopefully move it into the basement to work on it and drill it and then reset it up. This is a major announcement, but I cannot make any promises yet. I will release more details about this will be released later this week.

Aside from this big news there is little general 55g tank news. I zapped my mushroom that was encroaching on my montipora late last night and then hit it again about 5 hours later just make sure it was dead. I also nailed some aptasia (very satisfying :) ) well I was at it. I decided to do a growth shot of my blue tort.



Mid March, 2009 (just after adding it):





Early June 2009:







Blue Torts are a generally considered a slow grower too, but its position in the upper reaches of the tank (about 5-7" from a 150w MH) and my great water parameters have rocketed its growth. The green slimer has grown even faster than this, but I don't have a good picture yet. That is all for today, and you can expect a post about the possible 90 soon.

Here is the latest FTS (full tank shot)



June 2009 FTS




No comments:

Post a Comment