Saturday, July 4, 2009

The June Water Quality Graphs

Even though I am out of town this weekend I have made a special effort to get this out. This is my graphs of the values of Calcium, kH and Nitrates over the month of June. I used to make these every month, but got off track. Hopefully this will be the start.

Calcium




As you can see from this graph when I went on vacation (outlined in red on this chart) the Ca level went down, which makes sense because I cannot add calcium and the corals slowly use it up.


KH



The kH, Interestingly enough did not get used up like Ca during my vacations, I don't really understand why, but the average kH has been really low this month and I would like to see at least a kH of 9. My current average in Red and my goal in Green.


Nitrates


There is not much to say about them other than this shows my fuge/skimmer/low-bioload combo has paid off. Another thing to considor is that I do frequent 10%+ water changes.

That is all for my water quality graphs! Hope you enjoyed reading and staytuned to the Henryreef blog for a coming post on a great way to save money.

No comments:

Post a Comment